PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first unit with power steering so I don't know if this is normal or not. If I turn my key on without starting the ranger, and leave it on, after a while... say 10-15 minutes the power steering light will come on. If I try to start the range without turning the key to off first, the power steering won't come on and the light stays lit. If I turn the key to off and then start it, it works fine and doesn't cut off on me. Is this something that is built into the ranger that after the key is left on, it cuts out the power steering to conserve power or something? FYI I have a 2015 Ranger 900 Crew

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I've never noticed that on my RZR, but I don't know if I've ever left the key on for 10 or 15 minutes. All of my accessories are wired to a fuse block and then directly to the battery so I don't need to have the key on to use them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... most of mine are too, but I haven't gotten around to wiring one of my 12v outlets to a direct source yet.. so on occasion I've left the key on to charge my phone/ipod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts