PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please remember my Father-in-Law in your prayers. He has been battling Stage 4 cancer for the last 2 ½ years. He has fought through many setbacks during this time and been able to keep it managed. That was until recently, he went for a scan a couple of weeks ago to check his status and they found a few new spots on his brain. He was scheduled for the latest thing called Gamma Knife which would have gone right to the tumors and precisely targeted the spots. When they scanned him prior to the procedure to map the tumors they found as many as 12 instead. He was informed that they could not precede with that many tumors and informed his only remaining option is full head radiation. He did a similar treatment last year and the meds that accompany this really weakened him to where he needs help to just get out of a chair, even a year later. The doctors have also suggested we might want to consider setting him up for hospice. I’m leaving in the morning from Knoxville to drive my wife, his daughter, to Florida so she can be with him and also to assist him and her mom with the upcoming challenges. Thank you for keeping him and our family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Prayers are inbound.

·
Registered
167 Posts
God be with your family. Prayers made

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Prayers sent, Paul.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Arrived in central Florida about 2 hours ago. Trip went well. Father-in-law is gone to some more testing. Will know more later.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sitting at the airport to return home. My wife is staying to help with her family. The latest is if he does do the radiation, it may get him to the first of the year, if no radiation maybe a month. It just sucks either way. He will see the Dr. on Tuesday for consult and decision.

·
SSW Moderator
3,662 Posts
Paul your family will be in our prayers.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Paul, I missed this earlier, but prayers headed your way bud. Cancer is a terrible enemy and one I hope to live to see the end of someday.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers. I talked to my wife following her dads first rad treatment yesterday. She told me he did fine, but it is the first of 10 days in a row. He understands that it is just an extension of what time he has left but is not giving up.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. My wife's father passed away this morning at 1:07am. His battle with cancer has ended and he is now free from its pain. I will leave today or tomorrow for Florida to be with my wife and her family.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
So sorry to hear, Paul. Our thoughts prayers will continue to be with your family.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts