PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SSW Moderator
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nephew David Weide is currently on an 11 month Missionary Trip with the Worldrace.Org He is currently in India which is being hit with the Super Cyclone today. We received the following message from him on Facebook this morning

Friends and Family I am coming to you not in fear but with peace in asking for prayers for my squad and the people of India. Right now just off the coast of India is Cyclone Phailin. This Cyclone is a category 5 cyclone and is expected to touch down into the Coast near Bay of Bengal just 2 hours away from many of us out here on The World Race. With winds of up to 155mph it is projected to be the fiercest Cyclone to hit India in 14 years. It is projected to land very shortly at Gopalpur in Odisha's Ganjam district.
He is on an awesome voyage and has incredible faith. His Missionary journey is truly a life changing experience as he will be visiting 11 countries in 11 months. He left the USA in July. Anyways, I would like some prayers for David and his Team and the people of India who are being hit with this devastating storm

·
SSW Moderator
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Prayers, they were answered!

Message from My Nephew on Facebook

From David Weide

Whelp! On the other side of this cyclone I am here to say that myself and my team included is 100% okay! Thank you to all that kept my team and I in your prayers and lifted us up! God heard every word spoken and truly protected us. We didn't receive anything in our area. Not one rain drop or any extreme winds! Truly a blessing! I have yet to look at the damage from the cyclone as to where it hit, but please keep India in your prayers. It is much needed here! Much love to you all! Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts