PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please pray for my wife and I. Went to er in jonesboro for major headache, blindness, and disoriented. Had a ct scan, they thought it was a stroke (something was on it. )Then had a MRI and said a small tumor on the brain. Astrocytomia. We were takeni to st Vincent in little rock and getting the same test run. Possibly a craniotomy tomorrow if same as jonesboros test. She is a young and healthy person.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Prayers going out for your family - keep us posted.

·
Rally Committee
3,020 Posts
Prayers are going out for your family.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to hear that . Prayers for both of you , and a heartfelt request to keep us updated here . Having had some fantastic online friends through a couple of medical crisises I can say that sometimes it really helps to have a place to vent away from family with folks who care .

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Visit with dr was good. Having a couple more test run see what is on MRI but dnt think its as bad as initial. Still possible a tumor, could Even be calcium buildup, etc. but still have 2 test to run. The diagnosis will be to monitor unless the other test show something. Thank u all.  Not sure when we can leave hospital.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
arkguy29 said:
Visit with dr was good. Having a couple more test run see what is on MRI but dnt think its as bad as initial. Still possible a tumor, could Even be calcium buildup, etc. but still have 2 test to run. The diagnosis will be to monitor unless the other test show something. Thank u all.  Not sure when we can leave hospital.
Good news Richard, I'll be saying a prayer for the misses.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
You got it Richard. Please let us know when all the tests are in and we will continue praying they remain not serious.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We had 2 ct, 2 MRI, a Cta, EEG, and an ECO ran. Still not 100percent on what is in her head. Possible a small slow growing tumor. Will have to come back to st Vincent in 6 weeks for a MRI. Was put on a seizure med for a precaution bc of the headache, blindness and disoriented she had. Possibility of a light seizure. But know it wasn't a stroke. Her blood pressure is lower than normal. We are going home and no surgery at this time. Thanks for your prayers. It is a very scary experience. We are in our lower 30s and very active and healthy lifestyle.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
We'll keep thinking and praying Richard, keep us posted.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today was the first day back home.( well we leaving w inlaws bc we are building but call it home.) my stepson and me were playing nba 13 and my wife came downstairs crying. She has been reading up on what the doctors told her In jonesboro(1st hospital), and read about a median life expectantcy of 7 years. I hate bc so much is available to u on the Internet. I hate to see her cry, I stayed strong and talked with her. She is scared and the children were around so theY heard and cried as well. The2 nd hospital never said the name the 1st one gave us which was astrocytoma. They just said brain tumor. Please continue to pray. We do go back in 6 weeks, and are eager to know more. She said I have 1 question, will it kill me? I cannot answer and dont want to know that.
She is just as normal as ever. We have 3 kids 5,8,11, and building a home, she just started her own business 1 year and 3 months ago. We are young and honestly dnt know what I'd do.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts