PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I got a call a few days ago that my uncle had stopped breathing at home and his wife, my aunt, started CPR along with their daughter in law. Long story short, when the paramedics arrived, they worked with him for a while before transporting. Not sure what caused this to start but he has been battling an advancing form of dementia for a year or two. I told my mom this was not good and most of the time, when CPR is done, they do not survive. He did make it to the hospital but a lot of damage had been done. Then, last night, I got the call that he had passed away. It didn't surprise me but I spent last night and will spend today, reflecting on the years gone by. This is my Dad's sister's husband, so many Christmas memories are there to be shared. Please keep our family in your prayers as we say our goodbyes for now, until we meet again! He was a good man, adopted a couple of kids besides his having a daughter of their own and helped a lot of other kids through their church. He owned a plumbing supply business so he was well known and liked and I am sure it will be crowded at the church on Saturday. It makes it easier when you know the goodbye is only temporary though. My prayer is for everyone to KNOW the same as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Prayers for comfort and peace to you and your family from the Texas coast.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sorry for your families lose Bruce. I will remember all of you in my prayers.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate it.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Prayers on the way, Bruce. So sorry for your loss.

·
SSW Moderator
3,662 Posts
Prayers to you and your family are sent. I am sorry for your loss

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks folks for the thoughts and prayers. Rich, yes, we are doing well. Kinda of hard to keep the tears back but it is a lot easier when you know the parting is just temporary! It is going to be rough on my aunt for a while, especially until she gets the business sold. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers, it means a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts