PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, please lift up a 6 year old girl, Kira, and her mom and dad in prayer. They were on their way to a cheerleading competition Sunday, 1-26-14, and were in a very bad car wreck. Their car was T-boned and both the mom and dad were pinned in. Through God's Divine Providence, He placed one of the mom's from our gym at the same location. Our gym was sending two of our teams, with very young girls, to the same competition. This family involved in the wreck goes to a different gym but they live in our small little town. The little girl, Kira, also is one of my wife's students at school. So, we have multiple connections to this event.

The mom from our gym and another man went to the car to help. Both parents were pinned in but when they checked Kira, she was not breathing and had no pulse. Now, the mom from our gym is a trained ER nurse who works in the local hospital, God's Providence at work! They carefully removed Kira and the mom from our gym began CPR and maintained it until the paramedics arrived. Kira survived and is still alive but listed in critical condition still. She has many broken bones and a broken neck with a possible spinal injury. Had God not placed a trained ER nurse on the scene, Kira would not have even made it to the hospital or even to the paramedics arrival. Both the mom and dad are in the hospital, having undergone surgeries and are located in different sections of the hospital than Kira. This is a very difficult situation and it is going to be a long road to recovery for all. Kira is still critical, both parents are serious but expected to survive. Kira's condition is day to day. Please, put every prayer warrior you have on the job. God has a purpose for Kira I believe. He saw fit to place a trained ER nurse on the scene to help. Pray without ceasing!

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Praying for Kira, her family, and your community - please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Prayers have gone out from Tennessee. PLease keep us posted.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gentlemen. I will update as I get information.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My prayers go out to Kira and her family.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Prayers from Wisconsin from me and the mrs., May God Bless and watch over.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Prayers from upstate NY,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Prayers from Ohio

·
Registered
127 Posts
Prayers going out from Kentucky.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you folks for all the prayers. I thought I would update this and continue to ask for your prayers. The mom and dad are now out of the hospital as far as patients but are there with their daughter still being a patient. She has had many surgeries but shows small improvements each day. For right now, she is paralyzed from the neck down. Her spinal cord was torn but I am not ruling out possible improvement. She is able to communicate some but has a very long road ahead. This family is in need of all the prayer time you can give them.

To help with the medical expenses, we are having a fundraising at our daughter's high school this Saturday, March 22nd. We are not the organizers, just participants. Since Kira had been a cheerleader, they decided to get as many competition gyms involved as possible. To this end, the gym our daughter cheers for is bringing all 8 of their teams and we will be there. Each cheerleader will pay a $20 donation and then all the audience will be $5 each. All money raised will go the family. If any of you are in the northwestern part of NC, send me a PM and I will tell you the location. Since it is a high school, I am a little leery of just placing it out here publicly just for safety sake. However, if you live in the area and would like to attend, it will be held starting at 2 pm this Saturday. Come out to see some fantastic athletes and make a donation. Most of all, keep this family in your prayers. Thanks again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Praying for the girl and her parents from Michigan!

They are very lucky to have people like you helping with the momentous task of dealing with the upcoming medical expenses. While local fundraising events may help - they are limited by geography and timing to those who can attend. You may want to consider online sources such as GoFundMe, or CrowdRise, etc (just Google "online donations fundraising").

Good luck, and God Bless!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts