PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called pro armor today for info on doors for my 2015 900XP. The guy in research and development told me that they do not offer a door yet for the 2015 year model. Only up thru 2014. I did not realize that there was a difference in the frame/door placement area between 2014 and 2015. I see pro armor doors all over ebay that state that they are for 2013-2015 year model. The guy at pro armor says that they wont work on the 2015 year model. Anyone know what the difference is?
He told me that pro armor does make a door for the 2015, but it is only offered thru Polaris dealers at this time. That seems kind of strange. I am sure they will be much more expensive than buying thru pro armor.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Sounds like a sales gimmick. Maybe somebody has installed them on a 2015 and will chime in when they see this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly what I was thinking. Especially when he said that he did not know what the difference was, but yet they were building the 2015 doors for Polaris.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I highly doubt Polaris changed anything in their door frame design. That would mean they would have had to change their ridiculously expensive cab systems as well. Polaris does sell the Pro Armor half doors (not marked as Pro Armor) at a $100 mark up. It could be that Pro Armor made a very slight design change at the request of Polaris so they (Polaris) could sell them exclusively with their 2015 machines.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
AK brings up a good point. Check Polaris's cab fitment (should be able to find it in the accessories portion of their website) and see if the same cab fits a '14 and '15. If so, there's your answer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe I read the same thing,not too long ago

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the guy at the Polaris dealer did tell me that Polaris bought out Pro-Armor. Looks like some hanky panky going on with this door thing. I did look at the Polaris cabs and there seams to be no difference. I talked to a distributor for pro armor and he even called his pro armor rep and got a not so clear answer. This distributor talked me into taking a look at the dragon fire doors and I am glad I did. I think I like them better. Then I called dragonfire and the tech guy there was very helpful. He said their doors fit the 2015 model also. He also said that they are working on the door graphics to match the 2015 whitelighting. The dragonfire doors seem to be high quality. I think I am sold on them now. They have slam style latches with locks and are supposed to have rubber bumpers and neoprene sleeves to be rattle free. Price is comparible to pro-armor.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Oh, I thought it was TRAIL Armor that they bought. That explains everything.

So yes, I'd bet money that the Pro Armor ('13 / '14) doors will fit the '15 model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes the guy at the Polaris dealer did tell me that Polaris bought out Pro-Armor. Looks like some hanky panky going on with this door thing. I did look at the Polaris cabs and there seams to be no difference. I talked to a distributor for pro armor and he even called his pro armor rep and got a not so clear answer. This distributor talked me into taking a look at the dragon fire doors and I am glad I did. I think I like them better. Then I called dragonfire and the tech guy there was very helpful. He said their doors fit the 2015 model also. He also said that they are working on the door graphics to match the 2015 whitelighting. The dragonfire doors seem to be high quality. I think I am sold on them now. They have slam style latches with locks and are supposed to have rubber bumpers and neoprene sleeves to be rattle free. Price is comparible to pro-armor.

My cousin has a browning 900 with the dragon fire doors and they are bad ass. he actually ordered pro armor doors because he thought they were better and when they arrived he sent them back. I would definately not be afraid to go with the dragon fire.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the comments! Big help. Off to place my order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.