Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need all of it. I'm wanting to diy a rear windshield/panel

·
Administrator
6,966 Posts
I need all of it. I'm wanting to diy a rear windshield/panel
I'm assumeing your doing a poly rear panel?

Just FYI, these parts will prob cost more, than the complete Polaris rear panel itself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm assumeing your doing a poly rear panel?

Just FYI, these parts will prob cost more, than the complete Polaris rear panel itself.
I figured that! I'm not sure what I was go to use yet and I wanted to see If could get the parts. Is there anything besides Polaris parts out there that works the same.

·
Administrator
6,966 Posts
I figured that! I'm not sure what I was go to use yet and I wanted to see If could get the parts. Is there anything besides Polaris parts out there that works the same.
I do not know of anything off hand, but I'm sure there is.

Here is the cost per handle $21 ea.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, and I will give you a parts list, but doing it this route IMO, is not feasible.
You will possibly have 3/4 of the cost of a complete rear window from Polaris, just in OEM hardware.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but I'm looking for one lever and the two parts that affix to both sides of the windshield. I had a little whoops with one side.

Can you get these seprate?

·
Administrator
6,966 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but I'm looking for one lever and the two parts that affix to both sides of the windshield. I had a little whoops with one side.

Can you get these seprate?
Yes, you can.
Can you post a pic of what exactly that you need?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes, you can.
Can you post a pic of what exactly that you need?
Will do. Thanks.

To the OP. Seizmik sells Pro-fit windshields now with a lever mechanism similar to the OEM. You may be able to get those parts separate for a DIY project.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Toxic, I completely understand and appreciate the information. I don't want build something I could've bought it for a little money.

Red rock, I seen that today I'll check with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,966 Posts
I need: Qty 1 of A. Qty 2 of B

View attachment 14802 .
Can you flip the pieces in the pic and post that pic also.
I am working on it, may be later tonight or in the morning.
Are these parts for driver or passenger side.
Can you take a pic of the windshield and a close up of the handle assy, inside and out.
I have a component list, but Polaris does not have a diagram, it's making it hard to make sure I have the correct part number.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Can you flip the pieces in the pic and post that pic also.
I am working on it, may be later tonight or in the morning.
Are these parts for driver or passenger side.
Can you take a pic of the windshield and a close up of the handle assy, inside and out.
I have a component list, but Polaris does not have a diagram.
Piece A goes on the front of the windshield and should fit both left and right sides. It just holds the bolts.
Piece B goes on the back of the windshield where the handle mounts. Honestly I don't know which side the one in the picture is from. I lost one and broke this one (the little stop post broke). I would need pieces for both sides.

I'll post another pic tonight.

Thank you for your help!!!

·
Administrator
6,966 Posts
I need: Qty 1 of A. Qty 2 of B

View attachment 14802 .
A is Polaris part # 5439921 Handle Base, apprx $5 ea.
B is Polaris part # 5439922 Handle Spacer LH, apprx $4 ea.
Polaris part # 5450023 Handle Spacer RH, apprx $? ea.

It looks like they offer a complete set ( it does not say what is included in the kit).
Polaris part# 2205617 Service Kit- Clamp. apprx $26.99.

As I stated, there is no diagram with labeled part numbers on this windshield ( not sure why, and this is the first time I have encountered this).
So through my deductive reasoning process, I have come to the conclusion (99%), that the above part numbers are the correct ones that you need. If you need any further assistance, please ask.

I would still like to see some additional pics, when you have time.

Also, the part number may be molded into the part, it will be a 7 digit number in most cases.

Reactions: Redrock

·
Registered
986 Posts
I forgot to get pics but will try again tonight. Thanks again.

Here are pics of the Seizmik pieces from their Pro-fit folding windshield. Not sure if they sell these individually but if they do, they could be a good alternative to OEM. Especially the clamps if you want a fixed windshield or back panel.

Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pro fit roll cage

Anyone have a part # for these windshield clamps

I forgot to get pics but will try again tonight. Thanks again.

Here are pics of the Seizmik pieces from their Pro-fit folding windshield. Not sure if they sell these individually but if they do, they could be a good alternative to OEM. Especially the clamps if you want a fixed windshield or back panel.

View attachment 14838

1 - 19 of 19 Posts