PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday, I had a chance to drive one of the new Kawasaki PRO FXT units. I must admit, this may be on my short list next time. I was really impressed with the smooth operation, stance, quality of finish, and quiet 3 cylinder engine. Additionally, I really like the fold away rear seat opening-up the bed, a feature Polaris may want to consider. Personally, the hideaway rear seat and added bed cargo space is of high appeal, see

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ive owned a few Kawi's, no thanks.

Although Ive never heard too many complaints about the mule.

·
Registered
377 Posts
POLARIS ENGINEERS: This would induce me to spend $ for a newer model. My crew is great, but the versatility with additional bed space when the back seat is not needed would be better.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
POLARIS ENGINEERS: This would induce me to spend $ for a newer model. My crew is great, but the versatility with additional bed space when the back seat is not needed would be better.
I agree, it would make me think of upgrading.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am a ex-Kawasaki owner.

The new MULE, frankly, is more exciting than the TERYX4 800. The MULE has more suspension, rides, smoother, and is tremendously more quiet than the TERYX4 800. The MULE has more torque, a larger engine, and more electrical capacity for accessories.

I owned a 2014 model Teryx4 800 and, to be sure, has some very nice features, namely its chassis that drivetrain. The fame is very stout; and the diffs and axles are more massive than what is on my Ranger 900. The new MULE mimics this. I am excited to see Kawasaki ramping up the archaic MULE. It was long overdue.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I tried out the Pro FTX before I bought my 900 xp....I had owned a 800 Ranger,,,,so know what a Ranger drove a rode like. To Me the FTX was slow like a tank. I loved the 3cyl engine. But other then that. Not for me.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
It does have some merit. I like the way rear and cargo bed inter-react in the two positions. Nice feature. Not sure I would trade my Polaris 900 Le XP for one now that I have the Duraclutch installed it made whole new machine out of it. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought one earlier this year and am very happy with it. It is not "fast" - high range can get you into the 40's but not super quickly. Low will pull a house, and never slow on a hill. I have loaded it as high as the rear rack hauling wood from the creek bottoms and never missed a beat. I personally feel it is better built than my RZR ever was (different beast I understand but quality is quality).
The missing front locker is my ONLY disappointment, that is something I personally would like. Only one time was I unable to make a VERY steep muddy root covered climb. My RZR had done it in the past but it did require full throttle and all wheels spinning, basically full bore. The other side of the coin is I just went around this section and went up a less root covered section and had 5 people on board at the time.
Would I buy one again - yes. If you want a machine for working and hauling it is great, a nice trail rider with a very comfortable ride (even got used to the bench seat). Fast? Nope, if you want to "race" around while working I believe the Ranger is a better pick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought one earlier this year and am very happy with it. It is not "fast" - high range can get you into the 40's but not super quickly. Low will pull a house, and never slow on a hill. I have loaded it as high as the rear rack hauling wood from the creek bottoms and never missed a beat. I personally feel it is better built than my RZR ever was (different beast I understand but quality is quality).
The missing front locker is my ONLY disappointment, that is something I personally would like. Only one time was I unable to make a VERY steep muddy root covered climb. My RZR had done it in the past but it did require full throttle and all wheels spinning, basically full bore. The other side of the coin is I just went around this section and went up a less root covered section and had 5 people on board at the time.
Would I buy one again - yes. If you want a machine for working and hauling it is great, a nice trail rider with a very comfortable ride (even got used to the bench seat). Fast? Nope, if you want to "race" around while working I believe the Ranger is a better pick.
This is good info. I am looking for a SxS for working around the house and running around the ranch property. I do a lot of tree work and need something I can carry gear and/or firewood and also tow the wood splitter and chipper around. While I wasn't originally looking at a SxS crew rig, I do like the looks of the new Mule that has the ability to switch from a 3 person to a 6 person capacity. For me, the larger size is not an issue as the majority of my riding would be on Forest Service roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.