PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run this lift before, and if so, any issues? I currently have my shock preloads in the 2nd notch to get a little extra clearance, but when i went riding today, i kept bottoming out in the ruts. I was thinking about getting the 3" prolift instead of the 2", and then setting the shocks back to the softest setting and keeping the upper mounts to the inside. With those settings, I wouldn't think a 3" lift would put the axles in bind. What are your thoughts?

I've seen and read where a lot of people are going with a 2" lift, also moving the shocks to the outter mounts, AND maxing out the preloads. I would think that would put the axles in more of a bind than what I'm thinking with the 3".

I would like to get a lift ordered first of this week. So let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. Ryan at Prolift just emailed me back and said they only make a 2" for the 800 Crews. Now I am starting to lean towards the Marshall Motoart 2.5" lift. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Anything more than 2" has a tendency to be hard on CV's, although much of that has to do with your riding style. Some people will run 3" and never have an issue, while some continually break things when completely stock. As a general rule, I try to steer people away from anything more than 2".

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that 2" with the preloads all the way down to did tested setting? Or with them maxed out and shocked in outer position?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the Marshall Motoart 2.5" lift kit. Just ordered it. Will see how she does soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts