PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is recommended? Personally I'm a bit confused as to why the mma has sway bar spacers but prolift doesn't.
All I want it a lil lift mainly cause I want to add half doors and I need the doors to clear my trailer sides so I can get out.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't know anything about the MMA but I just put a 2" Prolift on my 1000 about a month ago. Easy to install and no problems so far. My DragonFire doors clear both my trailers sides with no problem with the lift and 28" tires.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would your doors clear the trailer without the lift? I still have stock tires. My trailer sides are about 12" tall.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Mine would rub without the lift and stock tires. I was able to load my Ranger on the right side of the trailer and get the drivers door open enough to get out. My trailer is 6x12. I think the rails are about 12" but not sure. I thought about laying some 2x8 boards in the trailer for more clearance but I was able to get by without it. Just the 28" tires and no lift gave enough clearance. With the lift even more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is a 900, but stock with 25" tires clears the 12" high sides on my trailer. You could probably just crank your preloads up a touch if your hitting and you don't want to put a lift in

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,429 Posts
EDIT: MY ERROR!! The information below was only partially correct and errors have been corrected. The following in BOLD italics is correct:

The lifts I installed were the Prolift and the Dragonfire, not the MMA. The MMA and the Prolift both install on the lower "A" Arms, the Dragonfire installs on the upper shock mount. I have no experience with the MMA lift kit.

The Dragonfire kit was harder to install but worked for me because it didn't use the lower "A" Arms. The Prolift would not work with my aftermarket "A" Arms.

The remainder of my initial post below has been corrected to reflect my actual experience. I apologize for any misinformation or confusion I may have caused.

Original Post with corrections:
I've installed both on my 2015 Ranger 570 FS (XP). each has it's positives and negatives. The Prolift is easy to install and is well made. Downside, it won't fit aftermarket "A" A arms if they are in your future, at least not the SATV arms with adjustable camber. The Dragonfire kit is harder to install, doesn't appear to be as "beefy" as the Prolift, but since it goes on the upper shock mount rather than the lower there is no problem with aftermarket A" A arms.
Both kits require spacers on your steering which increases turning radius noticeably. Initially I used the spacers but turning was too limited so I removed them with no ill effects so far. The concerns without the spacers, and a lift only are binding of the CV joints at full suspension extension with wheels turned hard left or right. This can be checked by jacking the vehicle until the tires are off the ground and rotating the wheels by hand with the steering turned full left and right. If there is binding you will feel it.
If you ever add forward "A" Arms there is an additional problem. As I understand it, the steering geometry is changed so that if the wheels are turned full right or left with hard accelerator backing up apparently the wheel will try to snap back toward straight possibly causing injury or loss of control.

Reactions: Max H

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no plans for changing a arms and an increase in turning radius is a huge negative for me. I didn't see anything in the install videos about steering spacers.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I haven't done anything to steering on my 1000. Just the 2" prolift and moved shocks out and the shocks on the highest setting. Haven't noticed any ill effects.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
My MMA lift went on the lower shock mounts, i think it would be the same for yours or the OPs 2018?
Thank you for pointing that out. It triggered my old, confused mind so I checked and corrected my previous post.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I have no plans for changing a arms and an increase in turning radius is a huge negative for me. I didn't see anything in the install videos about steering spacers.
See edit to my previous post!

Steering spacers were included with the Dragonfire kit when I installed it on my Ranger. I'm fairly certain the Prolift kit also had them but wouldn't bet my life on it. I suggest calling Prolift if you plan to use their kit to ask about the steering stops.

The Prolift kit did not include longer links for the sway bars, the Dragonfire kit did. That may have changed since I installed mine.

FYI, the steering spacers are horseshoe shaped pieces of nylon or HDPE about 3/8" thick which fit around the tie rods inside the steering boots. They are easily installed, or removed if you should decide you don't need them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I emailed mma and he said his is upper mounted for my 2018 3 seater.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I emailed mma and he said his is upper mounted for my 2018 3 seater.
Thats really wierd, their site shows the same kit for almost all models which is lower mounted. Is yours a different body style? Was it 18 when they had both options... new or old body style available?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"If it is a 3 passenger it is a top mount and if it is a 6 passenger it is a bottom mount and I also have a top mount available for the 2018 6 passenger Ranger"

·
Registered
747 Posts
My prolift was 2in. and bottom mount, everyone on here recommended it and I'm very happy with it

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problems with the sway bar?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Mine is a 2018 1000 and did nothing to the sway bar. Even on my 800, the only thing affecting the sway bar is they sent longer bolts for the rear shocks and longer spacers where the bolts go through the sway bar bracket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts