PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ranger Crew 900 EPS. I need to replace the ujoints do I have to remove the front diff. To get the shaft out . What is the best procedure.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a 2014 Ranger Crew 900 EPS. I need to replace the ujoints do I have to remove the front diff. To get the shaft out . What is the best procedure.
You can do it without removing the front diff but it’s easier to do it with the front diff out. Try to do it without removing it by pulling the mounting bolts on the bottom and pulling the front diff towards the front of the bike. Man I really hated removing my front drive shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2015 and I have had my prop shaft out several times...I have never removed the front diff. Just slide it around until you can sneak it out (after removing skid plate, push out the retaining pin on front diff, and hanger bearing)

Something to consider- I took my shaft to a driveshaft shop and had it "timed", they cut it and welded the yokes on in sync to resolve some vibration. Between this and the addition of a SandCraft hanger bearing it is now 100% vibration free. (it took me 2 tries on the hanger bearing, the other brand of aftermarket was not a good experience)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most cars sold in the United States drive the front tires. It makes for inexpensive, easy-to-manufacture, roomy cars that get better gas mileage than the rear-wheel-drive alternative. Getting power from the transmission to the front wheels is a bit of a challenge though. That's what a halfshaft does. The two halfshafts have the simple job of transmitting torque to each of the front wheels. But that job is complicated by the drastic up-and-down motion of those wheels, the near-90-degree difference in lock-to-lock steering angle, and the requirement to attach to a stationary transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts