PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a pull behind trailer for moving gear, especially want something low profile like this one. I would be interested in any ideas/thoughts/pictures of similar ones, thanks. This is the one which got me thinking of options Hunting Conversions | Coastline

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
You can't quit there. You gotta show us the rest of your buggy!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hard too tell from the angle, but are the tires outboard of the box? The reason I ask is that when I built my trailer, I designed it so that the trailer's tires follow in the Ranger's wheel tracks.

Attachments

Reactions: alloutdoors

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: TG-OK

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
We have in the Province of Alberta, North of Fort McMurray, that is a sand trail 300+ kms, used as a transport road in the winter time. This trail goes through the largest most Northerly Sand Dunes in the World. The Walking Beam Axle design, no springs needed, is the preferred axle to use. The trail can destroy glass bottles/pop/beer cans, even if they are in a cooler, if not packed properly. the Trail will also destroy must commercially built two wheel type trailers, as they bounce too much in the sandy conditions, or destroy the hitch system. The walking beam dies not have to walk all the way over to be efficient. Everything one needs for a trip into this area must be taken with you, no stores up there.

Bruce.

Bruce.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Automotive tire Car
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Transport
Vehicle Mode of transport Transport Snow Tractor

Reactions: Mtjag and rowe doo

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Why is the trailer tounge mounted so high on the trailer coming down then straighten out to attached on the ranger?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Here's an old pic of my homemade trailer. It's just an old boat trailer with a "box" set on top. The tires are 15" and same width as Ranger. It was thrown together in a hurry to carry firewood so it's a little heavier than it could have been. I made the tongue short enough for the trailer and Ranger to both fit on a 16' trailer, but long enough to jack knife the trailer and not hit the Ranger. If your tires stick out like mine do, I highly recommend something like the angled gussets in front of my fenders. They'll keep you from coming to a sudden stop if you find a tree. LOL

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tractor

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why is the trailer tounge mounted so high on the trailer coming down then straighten out to attached on the ranger?
If you go to the WS of Mountain Goat Trailers.com you will see that they have been using this design on their trailers for years. It allows, when going through rough terrain to keep the front of the trailer from hitting /digging in to the ground, attached is a better view of this hitch system.

Bruce. Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Technology Machine Tire

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just one more suggestion, consider what is the best hitch system for your use.
In July 2007 a couple from Quebec, Canada left from the South East Corner of British Columbia Canada, on a 4900 mile, 264 day's trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (Baja Peninsula). The only real problem they had was on one Sandy Road their trailer started to bounce and flipped over, damaging the hitch coupler, other slight damage to the roof top tent tubing. If you are interested in reading about their trip go to Quadtrek.net .

Bruce.
Mode of transport Automotive tire Vehicle Adventure game All-terrain vehicle
Vegetation Shrubland Plant community Agave azul Plant
Automotive tire Tire Auto part Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
114 Posts
What the heck, they were in love?????

Bruce.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm considering a pull behind trailer for moving gear, especially want something low profile like this one. I would be interested in any ideas/thoughts/pictures of similar ones, thanks. This is the one which got me thinking of options Hunting Conversions | Coastline
These guys are just down the road from me, I used to use them back when they were Tops and Towers. Great work and some real nice work. I like this trailer also but would change a few things. I have had this same thought, using a ranger bed for the trailer. Ive seen a few pics of people doing this and they are cool. Finding a bed is the hardest part i believe, that is if your keeping your and not doing a flat bed like this picture shows. Used beds seem to have a pretty high price...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.