PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 800 Crew and during middle of our hunting season, my bike started to idling rough and spitting and sputtering at low speeds. If I cut the bike off, the bike wouldn't start back until it completely cooled off. We hunt in the MS delta and the area is flooded and a lot of riding in flooded water. I took the bike to my mechanic and he looked at it and found that the spark plug boots had water in them. He dried them out and put dielectric grease in them and it seemed to run better. The bike still has an odd sound idling, sounds like a high pitched rattle coming from the exhaust. Well this last weekend it started to idling rough again and having a little problems starting. I have also noticed that the bike only seems to run at full throttle at about 5300 rpm and about 34-36mph; some times the engine would climb up to 5600 or so rpm and get close to 40mph. I don't remember for sure, but I think the bike use to run about 45-47mph. My bike has 27" ITP Mudlight XTR's on the bike. Any thoughts???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.