PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Ranger XP 800 and I am finally getting ready to install my POLARIS Extreme Brushgaurd that I've had in my garage for 1 1/2 years.
Due to the holidays I could not get the Viper winch I wanted, but ended up buying a Badlands (Harbor Freight) 5000lb winch on sale. (still plan on getting the Viper in the future and swapping it with the BL on the front mount,...then using the Badlands as a removable rear hitch mount winch if needed)

Anyway, for now do I need a "winch plate" to attach the Badlands to the Extreme bumper? I remember seeing an install post from ONEAL and he mentioned not using a winch bracket, but I still think he made his own if I remember correctly?!! So do I actually NEED a winch plate/bracket or can I just mount the winch directly to the bumper/brushgaurd?

And if I should or have to use one,...could you recommend one that would fit the hole pattern for the Badlands 500lb winch.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,839 Posts
I would recommend using a plate of some sort, otherwise you will bend the top of the bumper.

If you want to purchase the Polaris winch mount for the Extreme Bumper, Polaris part # 5252560 apprx $35, if you can find one.
I do not have mine here to measure the winch bolt pattern, I have the Warn RT40 on it, if you want to look it up.

You may try KFI and see if they have one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have used the badlands 5000lb winch before,its the same as the warn and superwinch bolt pattern

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Yes, most winches have the same bolt patterns. Thanks for considering our VIPERS. Can always shoot me a PM with a sob story and I can get you hooked up with a discount. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay in saying THANKS guys!! And I'm glad the bolt pattern is the same.

Peter,....I will be in touch (hopefully NOT with a sob story although a discount is always nice!!). But for now what would a bracket/plate cost for my Polaris Extreme Bumper that would fit my BL winch?

I'll do some research on your page and PM any questions I may have,....but figured I'd ask in case you read this soon. ---even though it's been 3 weeks since you posted your answer!! (Been busy and couldn't get back on PRC :grief:)

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,839 Posts
Looks like Motoalliance part # MA11913 is what I need,..correct?
That is the correct one that you need for mounting the winch on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts