·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
An oldie but goodie. If a strap isn't available a loop of strong rope about 4" longer than the tire diameter wrapped around the tire in the same manner with a stick shoved through the loop and twisted will provide a similar result. Some folks also like the aerosol can propellant and lighter trick as well but I am not a fan of that.

Correction: The above should say 4" longer than the CIRCUMFERENCE of the tire.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Come on Pyro, no fire no fun.
We had a idiot that thought that cleaning his Harley parts in the bath with gasoline in the trailer home was a good idea. Attention, gas furnace has a pilot light or had in this case. Darwin theory

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Come on Pyro, no fire no fun.
We had a idiot that thought that cleaning his Harley parts in the bath with gasoline in the trailer home was a good idea. Attention, gas furnace has a pilot light or had in this case. Darwin theory
As a firefighter for 29 years I saw a lot of dumb things done with flammables. It was so prevalent at one time that in S FL we called gasoline "Cuban Comet" becasue it was used as a cleaner so often. We had a number of people badly burned after flash fires stated by using gasoline as a cleaning fluid and gas water heaters in homes. For me the "fun" in fires was a good house fire to extinguish, as long as no one was inside. Warehouse, high rise, low rise, rubbish, auto and wild land fires were a lot of hard work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts