PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
PRC Sponsor
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some people here might be interested in this project we did a few months ago for Jesi Stracham. Jesi is one of our newest RT Pro racers. She races a Polaris Ace 570 and has took the GNCC series by storm with her story of perseverance and ability to drive. To learn more about Jesi's story click HERE.

This thread is intended to be more specific to the hand controls we built for this car. Jesi's like my little sister now so we've put a bit more work in to perfecting this than we started out intending to and we've got so much interest coming in from all over the world we've even been thinking about putting something like this on the market. We've still got a way to go with a "bolt-in" system but it's pretty much limited now to getting some custom, quicker ratio steering racks made. Which we're working on right now...

Hopefully this thread will give some people some inspiration to know there's people getting back out there and there's someone in the industry who cares about this issue. I have no idea where we could go with this but I can say there's some pretty interesting provisions built in to this design for future expansion. More details to come on that part..

I think if anyone is interested we could definitely sell the hand control base shown here now if nothing else. We don't even have all the pricing figured out yet but that wouldn't be too tough to do at this point. Like I said, the only thing missing is getting a fast enough steering ratio out of a bolt-on kit. Right now we're running two steering quickeners to get to a 4:1 ratio with a custom flashed Polaris EPS unit from a XP 1000. To do this takes relocation of the OEM EPS box so everything fits.. I could expand quite a bit on all of this if anyone is interested. So feel free to ask questions.

You might notice there's actually two different renditions in these pics.. We've actually been working on some tweaks as this season has progressed. Some geometry and material changes have already happened and there still a bit more in the works to help us perfect this concept.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Thanks for sharing Andy, glad to see they are both improving! :cheerful::cheerful::encouragement::encouragement:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts