PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to flush my radiator and replace the coolant with EngineIce. I noticed that the bottom of the radiator appears to be higher than the hoses under the floor board. Where is the best place to drain the coolant? Photos if you can post them please.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The radiator drain is on the passenger side and like you've found, will only get the radiator.

If you want to get the rest you can remove the skid plate and uncouple the hoses. There are junctions in the radiator hoses held together with plastic barbed fittings and clamps under the floorboard that can be pulled apart. It's messy but that's what I did when putting my heater in and while adding my turbo.

There's no real way to get it all with the actual drain (unless you stand the Ranger all the way on it's nose).

None of the work to do this is hard, just aggravating.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave that really helps.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
I would check and see if you can access the hose connections through the access panel on the floor .

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's how I'll do it. I have another temp prob under the floor board that I can remove. Thanks

·
Registered
5,990 Posts

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Cool stuff...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More toys ! :>)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
More toys ! :>)
You can almost never have too much information. I like the geek stuff. I hook up my laptop to my truck to get performance information.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You can access the connections from the floorboard panel, but you'll still have to take the skid plate off to drain it without a mess.

I cut a big 2.5 gallon jug up so it was open on its side then slid it under the connection and pulled everything apart from the floorboard panel.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plan is to do it today. Have had two torx on the floor that stripped out. Cut a slit in them and my manual impact driver worked on the first one but may drill out the last one. Always something...:smile-new::smile-new:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts