PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering whats the best type of radio, i do not have the crew. i've seen it to were you can put it in the roof and in the dash but i did not know what is a good brand and which one you guys prefur. i would like it loud enough to were i good hear it about 20 yards away from the machine, maybe a couple speakers outside of the ranger. thanks for the advice and any hints before time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was wondering whats the best type of radio, i do not have the crew. i've seen it to were you can put it in the roof and in the dash but i did not know what is a good brand and which one you guys prefur. i would like it loud enough to were i good hear it about 20 yards away from the machine, maybe a couple speakers outside of the ranger. thanks for the advice and any hints before time.
Hi,
I have used the Jensen Hd910 in my Bobcat. It is directly centered over the door opening and the speakers are mounted behind my dead. I just got a 2015 ETX White LIghtning and I purchased a Jensen HD 910 for it also. I checked all over and the prices of the radio equipment is all over the place. Just Google JENSEN HD 910 and you will get many hits. I expect to mount the radio in the little cavity in the center of the dash. I bought somw speakers to mount in the upper rear window glass. I bought one of those short stubby, flexible rubber antennas which I hope to mount to the right corner of the roof. I have all the parts, and all the knowledge to do it. Problem it is very cold and I do not function well in the NEPA weather. I hope this helps and also that others will give you some input.
WCJR

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you listen to the actual radio a lot? If not I would recommend just skipping the whole radio. You can get either a Bluetooth setup or a wired setup that goes directly to amp the speakers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I have used the Jensen Hd910 in my Bobcat. It is directly centered over the door opening and the speakers are mounted behind my dead. I just got a 2015 ETX White LIghtning and I purchased a Jensen HD 910 for it also. I checked all over and the prices of the radio equipment is all over the place. Just Google JENSEN HD 910 and you will get many hits. I expect to mount the radio in the little cavity in the center of the dash. I bought somw speakers to mount in the upper rear window glass. I bought one of those short stubby, flexible rubber antennas which I hope to mount to the right corner of the roof. I have all the parts, and all the knowledge to do it. Problem it is very cold and I do not function well in the NEPA weather. I hope this helps and also that others will give you some input.
WCJR
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it very very much. I hear you on the cold weather! I do listen to the radio alot sense I dont have alot of data on my phone and my ipod doesn't have much music on it

·
Registered
75 Posts
IMG_1518.JPG

I used a Kenwood with a marine cover, in the middle console pocket, in the bottom of the dash.With four speakers one in each corner with homemade roof vent flanges for speaker pods

·
Registered
75 Posts
IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_1527.JPG

Speaker Pods

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure what your budget is, but I have a ProBox top with 4- 6x9's and it's loud! Jvc unit, speakers, dome lights, and LED lights all configured into the roof

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
WCJR
Not sure what your budget is, but I have a ProBox top with 4- 6x9's and it's loud! Jvc unit, speakers, dome lights, and LED lights all configured into the roof
Dont really have a budget just trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to make it work for me. I still need to buy a roof to, just trying to figure out what is best and cheapest

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well ProBox has many different configurations but mine personally has a 30" LED in the front, an 8" LED in the rear, dome light, 4- 3 way 6x9 speakers, and a JVC head unit all within arms reach. Mine ran right at 1300 is the reason I mentioned budget but this is my second ProBox top and I have no complaints

1 - 9 of 9 Posts