PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
CRAP! That means that I'll need to re-install the rails on my Ranger. Its a bit of a hassle, because I need to not only take off my new tool box, but also remove my old wood rails. Give me a day or two. I guess that it doesn't matter though. If they won't clear, there isn't much I can do about it at this point except make new rails (no time for that). To trim much off now would be pretty difficult since its all glued up.

At this point, I lean towards chancing it. I don't mind going through the work of making the measurements, but if they won't clear, I think we're S.O.L.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Neal....it looks to me like there is quite a bit of room between the front edge of the rails and the roll bar. I would like to see a photo of the RW cab mounted on a Ranger. I'll bet we could tell by eye??

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Neal, if you could drop a straight edge from the farthest back point to the top of the bed, then you might can tell. As long as the cab doesn't hang past the front of the box (bed), you should be ok as Randy's rails look to end with the side part. Surely the cab doesn't hang back that far or it would be trouble with a lot of accessories.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As you stated at this stage of the game if they do not fit we are SOL. It appears to me they should clear. We will find out one week from now. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
That's early buddy!!! How far is it for you to drive? I will try and give you a call to keep you woke up!! I am working Monday but will head to the airport after work. Planning on spending a night at a nearby hotel as my flight is early morning and traffic that time of day, during the work week, is terrible. I should be there early Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
820 miles :( I do great leaving early but if it is unsafe for me to be driving at dusk.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Geez buddy, that is quite a haul!! I don't think I could do that in one day!! Heck, if you get tired, pull over and get a room.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ElecTech said:
Geez buddy, that is quite a haul!! I don't think I could do that in one day!! Heck, if you get tired, pull over and get a room.
I have done 900+ on several occasions and believe it or not I done 1150 one day.

I won't have the pee lady with me and I carry enough fuel for the entire trip, it's all good.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
You either get really good mileage or have a hell of a tank Neal!! "Pee lady" or not, my backside would say "enough already"!! You and "Iron Butt" have something in common!! :lol:

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Yep...I'm (obviously) a 'road' guy too. I actually find it easier to ride long distances on my bike than in a vehicle. Its easier to stay awake on a bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts