PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ranger 500. It's going to the dealer soon for the 100 hour service. I was wondering... should I get the belt replaced while it's there? Dealer said $140 to change the belt (parts & labor) I don't suspect anything is wrong with my current belt.. I drive it like you should - slow speed in low range, etc. Just don't want to get stranded with a broker belt..

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you want to do it for piece of mind there is nothing wrong with that, plus your old belt will make a good spare. With that being said, I doubt you actually need a new belt at 100 hours with the type of riding you are doing.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Ditto on the above. It's probably fine, but having a spare belt is always a good idea.

Reactions: Ridgekid

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just had the clutch cover of my 2013 500 at over 1200 miles and to my surprise it looked great, I thought for sure it would be showing signs of problem because I ride it pretty rough and the clutch had ingested muddy water numerous times to the point of UN able to move forward a couple times, it looked clean add a whistle. I do use it in low range more than I probably need to though which helps a lot. Having a spare belt is an excellent option, and I would change it if your worried, pace of mind is nice.
John

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I changed the belt on my 500 at 1000 miles, the new belt looked identical to the old one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts