PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I had the front left cv plunger of the axle pull out and i didn't know what I was doing. On the trail i just yanked the axle and pulled the ball bearings out and lost them. Then shoved axle back in to get back to camp. I didn't know how to put it back together until getting back to camp and watching a YouTube video. Unfortunately I can't find just the ball bearings. So now for replacement. There doesn't seem to be many options for ranger 570 axles other than the satv rhino or stock. But I need a longer axle. My stock one pulled out because of a slight lift and gearcase not being centered perfect. Looking at the other midsize Rangers their axles all seem to be the same other than length. Is this wrong? If not does anyone know the length of the 400,500,800 midsize axles? Thanks for any info. I wish I knew what a broke axle vs pulled out cv was before losing those ball bearings. Lol

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You can order ranger 500 axles for the front, but your rears are different then ours

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So will any year ranger 500 axles work? SATV lists the 500 axle differently from the 570. But I'm assuming it would work as well, just might be a different length. Is there any easy way to find out each manufacturers length on their axles?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Nothing on the front diff is different.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I am not saying the axles won't work, don't know, but the 570 front differential is different than the 400-500-800.

·
Registered
406 Posts
ive never had axle pop out like that but I got rhinos an they are a hair longer an I beleave a little more slip in them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So some say the front is the same, then others say it is different. Even the different manufacturers of aftermarket axles cannot agree. I am just fearful of getting an axle that is not going to fit. I know on the polaris parts oem, they are not the same, but I do need a little longer than stock. Maybe the Rhino is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts