PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I have a 2015 Ranger XP 570 that wont turn over. The dash lights up, I can hear the fuel pump, theres 1 click by the ECU and then nothing. The engine doesn't try and turn over, so I am assuming the starter/starter relay isn't getting power. Honestly, I don't know where the starter relay is, I just assume by the starter. If someone can tell me where that is on this model, I can check it.
I had the battery charged to 13V and tested under load. Tested good.
Date on battery is 9/20, but was installed new in June 2021 by Polaris dealer.
I checked the blade fuses, all good. I don't know how to check the bigger block fuses on the fuse bus.
I disconnected the brake sensor safety switch and jumpered the connector and it did same: click and engine doesn't try to turn over.
I checked voltage coming out of the ECU when the key is turned. Theres a click and meter spikes to 12+ and then goes back to 0V.
I have a lift for the bed and with key on, it goes up and down, Lights work.
I had a new starter and brake switch installed with the new battery in June 2021. Local Polaris Dealer did the work.
There's oil in crank case and I had the dealer service it in June 2021 with they replaced the starter. It's a farm vehicle and driven daily but not very far at all.

What else can I check other than the starter relay? or what have I checked or assumed incorrectly. I haven't checked the starter but would assume I would get same reading as at the ECU.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,996 Posts
The starter relay is under the passenger seat. Follow the positive battery cable to it.

·
Administrator
7,761 Posts
Gander, I know you said you jumped the starter/brake switch swith but it sure sounded like that is the problem. With your description the only other thing that comes to mind is the ignition switch...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jungleman, I assumed it was the starter/brake switch. It was located behind the front left wheel. There was brake lines going into a block with a sensor. I unplugged the sensor and used a paper clip and inserted the ends into the side headed back to the cab. I suppose I could have jumpered the wrong side. I'll take a look at it again. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Jungleman, I assumed it was the starter/brake switch. It was located behind the front left wheel. There was brake lines going into a block with a sensor. I unplugged the sensor and used a paper clip and inserted the ends into the side headed back to the cab. I suppose I could have jumpered the wrong side. I'll take a look at it again. Thanks.
With key on , when you press the brake pedal , do the brake lights come on ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts