PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up a Midsize Ranger 570 this spring so I can take my son riding. It will be used mostly for trail riding, plowing snow, and a little deer hunting.

We have a lot of rocks around here and I dont think the stock ground clearance will cut it. Can you safely add a 2" lift to these bikes with 26" tires?

Does this bike need better air box sealing? I may add snorkels just in case we come across a deep water hole in our travels.

Anything else that is a must have from trail use?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If ya add a lift kit, You may get away with using factory axles, but its always better to upgrade those also. Sometimes they break, sometimes they dont. The midsize seems to be prone to the right axle popping out. I also suggest Forward A-arms. Those help with clearance. Since youll be in rocks, i suggest ARCHED arms. I use them around here, and its Rocky!

The air filter deal seems to be another issue some ppl have. A poor design on poalris's part. Can be re-routed or use pre filters and stuff. Thats your decision. Overall a good machine, but with a little fine tuning, they can be even MORE fun!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I wood go with the new full size 570 more room 3 passenger 1500 lb payload

·
Registered
891 Posts
I went through all the suspension modding, (and the related breakage that goes with it) with my 400 and this time with the 570, I decided life would be much easier just jumping up in tire size and leaving well enough alone!
You can go with a spring spacer on the front struts that will give you good lift while still being being fairly easy on the stock axles though it will result in a bit harsher ride.
If that just isn't quite enough for you, you can put on one of the third party lifts with forward arched A-arms, bigger tires/wheels and probably after-market axles...along with a fairly sizable bank loan to pay for it all!

Cheers

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went through all the suspension modding, (and the related breakage that goes with it) with my 400 and this time with the 570, I decided life would be much easier just jumping up in tire size and leaving well enough alone!
You can go with a spring spacer on the front struts that will give you good lift while still being being fairly easy on the stock axles though it will result in a bit harsher ride.
If that just isn't quite enough for you, you can put on one of the third party lifts with forward arched A-arms, bigger tires/wheels and probably after-market axles...along with a fairly sizable bank loan to pay for it all!

Cheers
What size tires did you go with? What offset on the wheels? It doesn't look like there's enough room for anything but stock size on the front without hitting the tie rods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 26" Bighorns on 14" rims with all stock suspension on the 570 and no lift. Has been great so far. I was worried because they run big but still have almost 2" from fender. Really happy with them so far.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I run a 2.5" lift, 2" forward a arms and 27" tires on 12" rzr s wheels. I have 950 miles on this set up and still have the stock axels with no issues. If I do it again I would get arched arms with lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You can't get arched arms with built in lift for.the midsize.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I mean arched arms with a lift. I have straight satv ones

·
Registered
891 Posts
this time I settled on 26" Bighorns on 14" SS212 rims. Bighorns run considerably taller then advertised with mine running nearly 27 1/2"! Given the undersized nature of the stock tires, (mine actually ran just over 24") you do pickup considerable ground clearance over stock!
This setup gives me roughly an inch clearance to the front fender at the rear of the tire that ends up being the closest point of contact. With the 14" rims and 9" tire width the tie rods are not an issue.
If your looking for a bit more, I would suggest installing forward A-arms and bigger tires!
Sorry, I've lived with several different lift styles over my riding years and maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm really sick of breaking stuff and look for the most dependable way of achieving the goal with out ending up on the end of someone else's tow strap! JMO!

Cheers

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have your 570"s been reliable? I'm coming from a Yamaha Grizzly which has been rock solid for 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm at 1,000 miles and 100 hours with no issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts