PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,597 Posts
If that isn't the midsize ranger I am dubious that cranking the shock up will resolve the issue, unless you have been carrying loads at near full capacity almost 100% of the time. Full size rangers have suspension much like that on a conventional car with an upper and lower control arm which tends to keep camber relatively stable regardless of load or suspension height

I was having the same problem on my 2015 Ranger 570 Full Size (XP Pro Fit chassis), only it was wearing the front tires on the outside. I removed the shocks and performed some tests; moving the suspension throughout it's full range of motion there is little change in camber. Unfortunately, OEM "A" arms are not adjustable for camber. The resolution I found was to add SATV adjustable "A" arms, so I could set camber so tires didn't wear on the inside or outside. A side benefit, which really didn't matter for much of my utility use, is that the new "A" arms are also arched so I have more ground clearance beneath the "A" arms for most of their length and they are made of heavier material for added strength.

I also considered modifying the OEM arms to make them adjustable. My conclusion was that while that could be done it wouldn't be cost/time effective.

My suggestion is that you purchase an inexpensive camber gauge (available on Amazon for about $15) and perform the same tests I mentioned above to assure yourself that camber truly doesn't change much throughout the full range of motion and then decide what you want to do about it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks -- will do.

Any idea why the weird wear pattern on the left tire?
Looks like strange wear on both tires, check on all suspension bushings and shock bushings the stock shock bushings are garbage. I would check your wheel bearings while ur at it. Do you ride on the road alot, that seems to wear aggressive tread patterns in funny ways sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The past 6 months have seen a lot of road riding.

I ripped it all apart and found all sorts of problems: Both rear wheel bearings are shot, rear axles boots are shredded, bushings aren't looking good, stabilizer bar control arm/link bushing shot; hub bushing shot. Put a big parts order in, including new shocks (although I'm not sure they're bad, but they were adjusted as tight as possible).

I'll report back (if I survive this process).

Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts