PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I wanted for Christmas this year was a pair of wakeboard tower speakers to install on my Ranger, well, I got them, a pair of Rockford Fosgate speakers and a bar to mount them on.

I had an old Boss head unit that I took out of my toy hauler that was in an underdash mount that fit perfectly under the Ranger`s dash. I ran the power wire directly to the battery, ground was easy, but it took me a couple hours tinkering to find a switched power wire to turn the unit on. It`s the orange wire coming off the back of the ignition switch. For some reason my Ranger`s wiring didn`t match the shop manual that I have so I had to figure it out for myself. The bar for the rollcage came from Offroad Sound Systems in Shreveport, Louisiana. It was an easy install overall. I had to notch my Polaris roof for the bar, but that wasn`t hard either. I put a marine antenna on the front of the dash, kinda tight on top of the glove box, but no problems really. It sounds great with just the head unit powering the speakers, can`t wait to got for a ride and ROCK THE WOODS!

·
Registered
406 Posts
mounted mine to the roof to low an easy to get wet imo but looks good I like it

·
Registered
406 Posts
10687205_773165626055161_5100996021960335876_n.jpg heres a pic of my setup

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I looked at the website they offer a 28 or 35in speaker bar for ranger rzr. Which one did u get

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one is the 35" bar. It's shorter than I thought it would be, really would've liked something about 40" or so, but couldn't find one of those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts