PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Todd and I'm just about to buy my first side x side.
I'm thinking on a2015 Ranger 570 wide in green. I'll be using it in a Almond orchard most of the time and some in the mountains on fire roads.
I have three questions I hope some can provide answers for.
What is the top speed?
Would I be better off getting a 900?
Do I need Power steering?
Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
The midsize will run 50 and then the governer kicks in. The wide should go that fast or maybe slightly faster? Power steering is nice but more money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 570 crew and I don't have P/S, I don't think it steers hard at all and if I were to buy again I would not get one with it. The 900 will have more power, but then again I'm happy with my 570, does all I want it to do and more.

John

·
Registered
974 Posts
If I were buying a full size, then I would go with the 900. As for power steering try it and decide if its warranted. I'm very happy with my midsize and perfect for my application.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Welcome Todd.

Either one will work great for your orchard duties.

EPS is not really necessary.

The base 570 has some really good discounts on it right now. It can be bought for $2950 less than the base 900.

If that is not enough incentive to make you buy the 570 over the 900 I would suggest the 900 LE EPS. You will be happy on those fire roads and mountain grades.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Can't go wrong with either one but I HIGHLY recommend EPS. Didn't have on my 800 and didn't think I needed it. Then got another machine that has EPS - I'll never own another SXS without it! If you decide against EPS, don't ever let yourself drive one - you'll kick yourself for not getting it on yours. It's that good and worth every penny!

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I agree with Forde. Life without EPS is fine as long as you don't know what you're missing. I'll never go back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all that replyed. I pick my new Full 570 up tomorrow. I'll let you know how I feel about it after I have it a while.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I haven't been on it at all. It's been raining off and on and my orchard is on very heavy soil, so if I get out there I'll just make a mess. I graded it after harvest in September so if I keep it that way it will be easy to mow between the rows.

·
Registered
544 Posts
the 900 will accelerate faster, but the 570 should pull, haul, and go as fast "top speed wise"

and honestly you don't need power steering on these things. as long as your not parked on tar you can turn the wheels quite easily especially once you start moving :) actually a little upset you can't get an LE without power steering now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts