PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my 12 inch steel stock Polaris wheels to 14 inch wheels from a Polaris General. What do I need to make this work? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
1" wheel spacers to adapt 3/8" studs to 12mm studs from Super ATV. You'll probably need longer studs to replace your existing ones as well. Full size Ranger 800 studs work good for this. Front and rear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Correct. You were saying to get spacers to convert the 3/8 to 12 mm. I was asking why do you need to do that? Can't you get wheels for the 3/8 configuration?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, but you stated you had General wheels. I'm assuming They are factory take off offs. They are for 12mm studs only.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh, sorry for the confusion. That was the OP. I am following because I want to upgrade as well. Sorry for butting in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1" wheel spacers to adapt 3/8" studs to 12mm studs from Super ATV. You'll probably need longer studs to replace your existing ones as well. Full size Ranger 800 studs work good for this. Front and rear.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I was confused when they would not mount. The center hole in the 14 inch Polaris General wheels is not as large as the stock 12 inch Polaris wheels. This makes the 14 inch wheels rest on the shoulders of the wheel hub and the wheel studs are too short. I think the stock wheel studs are 10 mm and the stud holes in the 14 inch General wheel are 12 mm or maybe 14 mm. I will look at your recommend website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I was confused when they would not mount. The center hole in the 14 inch Polaris General wheels is not as large as the stock 12 inch Polaris wheels. This makes the 14 inch wheels rest on the shoulders of the wheel hub and the wheel studs are too short. I think the stock wheel studs are 10 mm and the stud holes in the 14 inch General wheel are 12 mm or maybe 14 mm. I will look at your recommend website.
Excellent advice - you were on target as the wheel studs are 3/8 on the 2007 Ranger and the 14 inch General wheels are 12 mm. Super ATV is currently out of all spacers for this application. Thanks for your help with this project and I can’t wait to see it completed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts