PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just finished a complete custom exhaust on my 2014 ranger 800 full size, and was wondering if anyone was looking into one for theirs? I'd be glad to go in depth helping people get the sound they wanted out of their rangers with pipe sizes, mufflers tried, and how I made things work. I can post pictures of it as well. I was never really satisfied with the sound my ranger put out from the factory, so after 1700 miles I decided to change it around, without spending a bunch of money and making things worse. My system cost right around $100, and will put the wonderful sound of a 900XP to shame. I'd love to help out as much as I can if you've been planning a new exhaust for your ranger. There's barely any threads on here on this subject, and I know I could've used something like this when I was doing mine. I'd love to hear ideas, and help you out with whatever you have planned.

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have a 900 but I would love to see your fabrication on your exhaust.

·
Registered
207 Posts
we like pictures!!!!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd like to see a video of the exhaust so we can heard the exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post more pictures and videos as soon as I can, the tone is low at idle, sounds kind of like a Harley.... operating rev range sounds fairly normal to stock, which is what I was going for. Wide open throttle however, has a very open-headers type sound, without being overly loud. One of the biggest things I noticed about other people's custom exhaust assemblies is that they would put a large muffler hooked up to the stock muffler mount pipe to the factory pipe, hoping for a deep sound, and don't know why they may not get it. Unfortunately our rangers use a very small pipe size, right around 1 3/4 inches, so I upped it to 2.5 inches right at the headers. The sound is great, but not too loud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, used a small length of flex pipe to make the tightest bend. More than possible to make it using solid pipe, I simply don't have too much luck measuring and bending pipe so I kept it easy for myself.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
63 Posts
That really looks great. What kind of muffler did you use and how did you tie in the 2 1/2 pipe to the stock pipe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That really looks great. What kind of muffler did you use and how did you tie in the 2 1/2 pipe to the stock pipe?
A few adapters put together.... I welded a 1 3/4" to 2" adapter right to the U-pipe after the manifold, and then a 2" to 2 1/2" adapter to tie in to that flex pipe you can see under the bed. As for the muffler, it's a walker muffler I picked up at Advance Auto. It's just a replacement car/truck muffler meant for a specific vehicle, I don't know what for though. I can get the model number if anyone is actually interested though. It has 2.5" inlet and outlets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.