PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Ranger.
I’ve been following a few threads on the heat issues with the Ranger.
I understand it would be a problem in a hot climate.
Out in the PNW our weather is pretty mild. An 80 degree day dominates the local newscasts and heaven forbid if it ever gets to 90.
Most of the time my morning riding temps are in the 50s and 60s and so far I find a little heat in the cab to be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Its good to know if I ever move to the Yukon the 800 ranger is the sxs of choice.
And as far as my 900 goes I've been thinking of adding louvers or grills to the sides where the battery is (passengers side) and where the gas tank is (drivers side) to pull air in while riding and blow the heat out from under the rig.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Its good to know if I ever move to the Yukon the 800 ranger is the sxs of choice.
And as far as my 900 goes I've been thinking of adding louvers or grills to the sides where the battery is (passengers side) and where the gas tank is (drivers side) to pull air in while riding and blow the heat out from under the rig.
A scoop would work nice if conditions apply. A fan when doing yard work. My 500 gets hot, but never glows like some models do. Still let it cool off before putting it in the garage.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I can say since I added the sound deading kit it is noticeable quieter in the cab. Riding up Mt Washington last week and seeing and hearing all the other brands and models of sxs's some are insanely loud.
But getting back to the heat thing. Yes I've thought of cutting a U shape in the side plastic, use a heat gun to form a scoop. Then a layer of mesh screen inside the scoop to keep some crap out. Would be nice to have the scoop on a hinge to pop out and in as needed. Or I guess I could just ride around on a bare frame with seat.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Thank You Rod for posting that.
The cooling louvers are exactly what I was thinking of. Air in. Moves through pushing the heat back out the rear. I trail ride and avoid mud so no issues about crap going into the louvers and under the ranger. I might put a screen mesh behind it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Only time I had heat issues is when the passenger's start crying! LoL I'll start noticing them squirming around and then they realize that their seat must be on fire! On those cold winter days it's awesome but those 110 Mississippi summer days it's unbearable. My setup is even worse because I'm running aftermarket SS exhaust, originally had header wrap but slowly fell off. (The bottom of my seat has caught fire once and melted on long rides. I need to replace the seat as it's lost structural integrity, anyone that sits over there now is basically sitting on the engine or exhaust pipes.)
I have read were some 800 owners have installed small electric fans below the seat. It was said that they push air in during the warm months and reverse the fan in the winter to pull warm air out for warmth in the cold months.

No body wants to ride with me in the summer but in the winter everybody wants to ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts