PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would appreciate any input re: buying a top & windshield. There are so many its a little confusing Thanks!!
Lakebom

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Go steel or aluminum for sure. I like my EMP roof but have seen some others that may be even better. That said I would buy mine again since it has proven itself and I have stodd on it many times and the corners have taken some wicked tree hits. As for the windshield I would for sure go with the EMP I have. I really like the lower section that is metal. You can get a good view of it in the video in my signature. Take away from the plastic roofs, they are all pretty crappy IMO.

·
Registered
619 Posts
There are a ton of great options out there to suit almost any need. The advise I would offer is that if you plan on a cab any time in the future to plan ahead with your accessories now. Not all cabs, doors, windshields, back glass and roofs are compatible. If you think you may do a cab, try and foresee this a little and order the components that will all work together. Many guys start with just a windshield and a roof which eventually turns into a full cab over the years.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It also depends on your budget and what you are going to use it for. I have both a 2010 800 XP/LE and a 2015 Crew EPS - both for trail riding. I don't use mine as a ranch truck or for hunting or hauling - just pleasure. I have poly roofs on both and they hold up very well. Personally, I don't like the extra weight of a metal roof and I don't ever plan to stand on mine. Additionally, metal roofs do tend to radiate heat, which we have no shortage of here in Arizona. Poly roof will stay cooler. And I agree with Carl. Mine will work with Polaris cab systems and windshields. Just my two cents worth. Good luck. Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts