PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Polaris puts restrictions in the computer program. Gilomen reprograms it and removes the restrictions and gives you the horse power that's sitting there waiting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How the general can make 100hp. is it the same motor ?
Exactly like stainlessman said, same engine almost same everything just restricted, gilomen innovations program takes care of that,really wakes the ranger up,you wont be disappointed, best money spent!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just got mine last Saturday with a four year warranty. I know this would void the warranty, but what if I bought a separate ecm and had it programmed? Then just swap them out if it needed to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I had thought about another ECU but figured with no warranty why waste the money. But If I had a 4 yr warranty I'd just contact Gilomen I'm sure he could sell you a new ECU all programed for your rig

·
Registered
102 Posts
Correct, he will either program (or unprogram) yours, or sell you a new one. Important to note that you can have him reverse the tune if you had to do it for warranty work. At least that's what I remember, I'd double check with him if that reversal is important to you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yes they will do a reversal but $$$.
How much for the extended warranty and is from Polaris or another? Heard lots of complaints on Polaris trying to weasel out of as much as they can. Price now on a premium xp 1000 is 14.7 plus tax and title

·
Registered
227 Posts
The three year extended is third party. Zero deductible if I take it to my dealer. $900

I figured $300 a year isn’t too bad.

I paid $14900 for premium camo.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just got mine last Saturday with a four year warranty. I know this would void the warranty, but what if I bought a separate ecm and had it programmed? Then just swap them out if it needed to go in.
So if you put your old ECM back in when it needs to go to the dealer, don't you suppose Polaris might get a little suspicious when it always has the same hours and miles on the ECM memory?

·
Registered
699 Posts
If the Ranger is anything like a car, the first 30 days is usually a good indicator of if there is going to be any issues. Think that was a tip by Consumer news. I have seen that is a pretty good tip in the 40+ years of buying cars and trucks. And I have had a lemon or 2

·
Registered
227 Posts
So if you put your old ECM back in when it needs to go to the dealer, don't you suppose Polaris might get a little suspicious when it always has the same hours and miles on the ECM memory?
Good point. I’d probably wait until factory one year runs out. My three year is with Fix My Toys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put 50 hours on my new 18 Ranger 1000 XP before installing the Gilomen tune, Gilomen Elite clutch kit and the Bad Ass belt Terry sells. I elected for a brand new ECU, and am keeping the original for a spare. Agree a dealer would sniff out the low miles on the original ECU in about 12 seconds.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts