PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a new 2015 900XP. I have already ordered a 2" HL lift kit and plan on ordering my backwoods armor forward control arms today. I was going to go with some 29.5" Terminators but starting to change my mind to a less aggressive tire like the Maxxis Zilla. Had a set of 28" Zillas on my old Grizzly and loved them. My question is would I be able to go with a set of 30" Zillas with just the 2" Lift and Forward A-Arms. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I'm almost certain that will work, but wait and see what somebody who is using that combo' has to say.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I was running a 2" bracket lift and SATV forward arms with 30" Mudder Inlaws. No clearance issues during compression except at full lock.
My Avatar shows the setup.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was running a 2" bracket lift and SATV forward arms with 30" Mudder Inlaws. No clearance issues during compression except at full lock.
My Avatar shows the setup.
2 of my buddies are running 30's with 2" lift and forward arms, and both have had rubbing on front bumper when turning. One of them has Mudlights, and the other has BFG MT truck tires.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have had no issues with rubbing

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
2 of my buddies are running 30's with 2" lift and forward arms, and both have had rubbing on front bumper when turning. One of them has Mudlights, and the other has BFG MT truck tires.
I think that the bumper does throw a different variable into the equation. The arms and lift will keep 30's from touching the body, but certain bumpers can cause an issue. If you have no bumper, then there's no worries.

·
Registered
321 Posts
29.5 Terminators with arched forward a arms with 2" lift built in...no issues with rubbing on bumper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
image.jpg took my factory wheels and tires off my 1k they fit nicely under the 570 with no lift. Just moved the shocks to the upright position. Rode it around the yard and down the road I didn't hear them scrub once. I'm sure turning with it flexed in a ditch would be a different story

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Maybe I should've also mentioned that I'm running a 2" wheel spacer.......NO rubbing on the bumper.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The spacers may be the reason.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Backwoods forward arms and 2-inch lift with 30-inch Mud Lite XXL tires.
They rub the bumper under decent front compression. I just consider it a good bump stop. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 3" lift and high arched forward a-arms, I clear 30" mud lites no problem.
20151129_191610.jpg
20151129_191634.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Backwoods armor is no longer in business, but we bought them out I would be more than happy to help you out, all you have to do is email me at [email protected], and I will get you hooked up.

Thanks,
Cody

1 - 14 of 14 Posts