PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any issues with the standard ranger roof making noise? I have a light bar on top of the roof, and have wondered if it is pressing down into the roof when the ranger goes over uneven terrain causing it to flex thus a noise can be heard?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine also makes noise, as soon as I fix one area, another starts. It seems to change with the temperatures. I believe they make a seal kit for it and was wondering if it would help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have any issues with the standard ranger roof making noise? I have a light bar on top of the roof, and have wondered if it is pressing down into the roof when the ranger goes over uneven terrain causing it to flex thus a noise can be heard?
Is your 900 roof making a popping noise? I may have a fix for your if it is!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The noise might be considered a popping noise..yes? I've wondered if its associated with the bolts holding the roof to the frame if it isn't the lightbar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are two bolts on each side of the cross support that runs across the top of your cage and these bolt up to the side of the cage. Go down to your local hardware and pick up some 4 neoprene washers, place the neoprene washers between the cross support and the door/cage frame, then bolt the frame back up. Make sure to only start each bolt with the washers, then go back and tighten them all up. Here is photo (this person used gasket material, neoprene washer is much cleaner look) off the thread linked below.
Capture2.JPG

Also you need to get a small piece of gasket material, neoprene or rubber with adhesive on one side. There is a set of small tabs on each upper corner of the windshield. When you remove the cross support to install the rubber washers on the bolts, place a small piece of the gasket/rubber/neoprene material on the tab to prevent these two tabs from making contact. For my bike, I used the small clear round rubber that you stick to the bottom of lamps or decorations to prevent from sliding/scratching on tab tops.
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Bolt everything back in place and all your squeaking and popping noises that you heard before will be gone! Polaris really needs to step up and correct this problem at the factory!

Previous thread for same issue....
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/151-2013-model-polaris-rangers-rzrs/43867-ranger-xp-900-roll-cage-already-creaking.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts