PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Ranger Crew 1000 XP Premium with full glass front and rear windshields for riding comfort and safety. Dust is a major problem. I know a stock Ranger with no windshields solves the dust problem. From the forum, I have seen fixes of taping, foaming, and/or insulating all of the cracks behind the rear seat and adding half doors. My question is, if I buy Fortress half doors, will I solve the dust problem and create a cabin heat problem? I live in the South with lots of heat and dust. Does anyone have any advice?
20191014_125932.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have my 2015 Ranger Crew 1000 XP located in South Texas and the dust is an insidious and constant problem. So much so that I have almost given washing down my UTV but not entirely because I like my UTV to look like new. And, I am a firm believer in the old saying, “you take care of your tools and your tools will take care of you”. Last December, I bought from UTV Direct “Door-P-RAN9004-00#” half doors for my UTV. I immediately noticed that when driving it I am getting less dust inside the vehicle bothering me. Another benefit that I have noticed is that the doors also block the cold air from whirling around in the cab. So it didn’t seem quite as cold when driving in cold weather. I don’t know how it will feel when the weather gets much hotter. But, I would rather put up with the heat then the dust. Besides, if it gets too hot I will open my glass windshield all the way and may go a little faster so the natural AC works better.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You'll still get good air movement with half doors. They make a big difference knocking the dust down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts