PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fist off let me say there are some excellent ideas on here. I’ve often lurked through the forum but this is my first post. Here goes it.

I’ve decided to build some doors to completely close in the cab on my crew. They are made out of 3/4” 14 gauge sq tubing. They are skinned with 16 gauge sheet metal. I live in south Texas so they will need to be easily removable for warm weather riding. I’m planning on using bullet style weld on hinges similar to these

First thing I had to do was build a tubing bender. After all this is going to be a budget build. Here’s what I came up with.

I’ll post a video of how it works if someone is interested in that later.
Here some pics of the doors framework

There was a learning curve with the bender. It took me roughly 2-3 hrs per door.
Now I was ready to start skinning them. I’m still not sure how my idea for hinge location is going to work out so I want to complete on side before I start framing the other. Just Incase I need to change up the design a little.
Here’s one side fully skinned and ready to be hung on hinges.

So far this is where I’m at. I’m pretty excited to see it all coming together and can’t wait to get back after it.
How much would u charge to do the same doors on 2011 Polaris Ranger crew 800

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m sure you get a lot of messages about the doors and I’m making a set myself. Question I have for you is the hinges my rears line up fine but my front door hinges have a gap of about 3/4 ish of a inch. Didn’t know if yours had the same and still operated fine or if you found a way to get them in line.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts