PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ranger Crew with S3 5" lift, 30" Moto tires on 14" wheels. Stock axles. Stock shock. My question is this...I've been on a few rides lately in which I have the opportunity to get into some deeper mud holes but for the most part I usually just ride the trails and cruise around. It does well so far. I've seen a few guys with 6" super atv kits and S3 8" lift kits and there is a substantial difference in ground clearance. If their lift is a 6" and mine is 5", shouldn't it be close in stance? It's not. A buddy of mine thinks I should put super atv 6". Says it will make it sit WAY higher..can anyone explain why this is?

Thanks in advance for any info. I don't. Want to spend another 2-4k on a lift if not necessary to achieve my desired ride height

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've seen other people with the same complaint about that lift. Seems to not be a true 5" lift. In my opinion you can't accomplish a 5" lift without extending axles. I have a 5" outkast and love it! I run true 33" tires and have plenty of clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am new to the mud/trail scene and I've learned quite a bit but get a lot of different answers. I saw one guy from Hormells extreme Atv out of Eunice, La. He has a crew on 8" S3 that looks great sitting on 34'" tires. And he said it handled pretty good. I've swapped clutches to a rage primary and secondary. Next move is bigger wheels and bigger tires. I guess I need to look into the super atv 6". I've heard they are cheap made but for 1700 bucks you get 4 rhino axles and 4 new shocks on top of brake extension and wheel stops. Hell, that's 1200 bucks in accessories not including a arms. Is the super atv brand complete junk?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not sure of the quality of the SATV 6" lift. I've read a lot of forums and most people seem to like them. The biggest upside to them (other than price) is they keep the axle angles low, only 26 degrees I think. The flip side of that is, to keep them that low they widen the stance of the UTV. That lift widens the wheels 7" on both side. I went away from that lift due to that fact, plus I don't like the way that looks. The outkast 5" was only $500 more. Axles are at 32 degrees and only 2" wider on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts