PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Polaris ranger 1000 xp
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what would make my ranger crank so long to start at temps roughly between 55-65 degrees?anything lower or higher and it pops right off!fuel pressure was a little low so it has new fuel pump and still does same thing.makes no sense that it started better last winter at -10 than now at 60!last fall it did the same so it’s not like something just changed….any suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,967 Posts
Valves that are incorrectly adjusted can cause hard starting when the engine is cold. If the engine has significant hours on it I would start there. The check is fairly simple. If you don't have one get a digital service manual available on line for around $10, unless prices have increased. You might also check spark plugs to see if the gap is too large. If those things check out you may have a problem with a sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have 2017 Polaris Ranger 570 over the weekend we rode, It ran great the first 2 times we took it out. On the 3rd ride we stop to talk to some friends and shut it off and then it wouldnt start back up. My husband let it cool off and then it started right up. Next day went on a ride and it started backfiring. Has anyone experienced this if so whats the first place we need look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hey what would make my ranger crank so long to start at temps roughly between 55-65 degrees?anything lower or higher and it pops right off!fuel pressure was a little low so it has new fuel pump and still does same thing.makes no sense that it started better last winter at -10 than now at 60!last fall it did the same so it’s not like something just changed….any suggestions?
I know you changed the pump. Did you clean the tankat the time?
How old is the fuel and what grade of fuel? Where are you getting the fuel?

Lastly take the time to spray some carb or brake cleaner around the intake boots where they attach to the head and listen for any rpm change. Douse it good.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
We have 2017 Polaris Ranger 570 over the weekend we rode, It ran great the first 2 times we took it out. On the 3rd ride we stop to talk to some friends and shut it off and then it wouldnt start back up. My husband let it cool off and then it started right up. Next day went on a ride and it started backfiring. Has anyone experienced this if so whats the first place we need look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check your fuel pressure. 58psi +/- 2psi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts