PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this because i looked everywhere for ideas on putting a high rack/deer blind on my Ranger but never found anything that came close. We hunt in South Texas on a low fence ranch where the best chance to bag a big one is to not hunt over a feeder or from a stationary blind...corn the senderos and then park off in the brush.

The bottom part of the rack is steel. It weighs ballpark 250 pounds. The blind part is made from aluminum square tubing which slides onto steel rods welded to the bottom rack. Then there are "wings" on the rack that you use to thru-bolt the aluminum frame of the blind so it stays attached.

Had to upgrade the rear coils due to the added weight of the rack. Also added threaded rods and plates to each side of the bed to make sure the dump bed never opens.

Hope it helps anyone looking for ideas on doing something similar. Happy hunting!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
good job. and good luck

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Good looking rig.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That is So Cool!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s pretty slick. I was thinking of doing something similar. But mine is a crew with a steel roof so I was thinking about just throwing my pop up on top and strapping it down. How heavy is just the blind by it’s self? Is it tough to get it set on there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts