PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for a better way to strap in items in my Ranger bed for a while now and couldn't find anything out there that would work well. The rails on the Ranger have those holes, but a bungee strap just doesn't fit in there very well. If you hit a big bump the strap pops out. Polaris has some alternative tie downs, but they didn't really fit the need of hooking a bungee strap. I could drill intot he bed and permanently attach hooks, but I didn't want to do that...for starters I didn't want to drill into the bed, secondly I didn't like the idea of having them in permanent positions and not able to move them.

These however, work perfect! You can add them to any slots on the bed...and can change them to different spots in a matter of seconds. They fit perfectly in the holes of my 2014 Ranger 800...turn them clockwise (half turn) to tighten them, turn them counter-clockwise to remove them. Once tight, you can not pull them out so you don't have to worry about them falling out or losing your cargo again.

Like I said, I have a 2014 Ranger 800...but any year/model with similar size slots would work. I have a friend that brought over a 2013 and they fit fine there as well. If you are interested in a set, send me a message and I can lead you in the right direction.

$_57 (1).JPG
$_57.JPG

posty by: bbender (starting member)
www.rangertiedowns.com

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Got any pics of the bottom of that setup?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
How tall are those? Can you show the entire plug?

Reactions: CaptGrumpy

·
Registered
48 Posts
I built mine at a cost of about $ 7 each for heavy duty ones ( two rubber plugs ) and about $ 4.50 for reg ( single rubber plug )
very easy to make. camera dump oct 2014 103.JPG camera dump oct 2014 106.JPG camera dump oct 2014 109.JPG camera dump oct 2014 330.JPG
I extended the length of 4hd tie downs and use them to hold my rear rack on and still have tie down abilities
Ron

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ron, do you have a description or part number for the plugs? All the other parts look straight forward. Did you have to trim the plugs? They look like they have been customized to fit the hole in the bed rail.

Nevermind, it's called an "Expansion Plug".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi HRTKD The plugs are a 1 1/2 test plug ,I purchased at a plumbing warehouse called Wolseley here in Canada. They are just called a econo test plug I will check tomorrow to see if I can find a manufactures name on them. As you can see in the picture I did have to trim the lower plug as the holes in the ranger are slightly tapered.I trimmed them by putting them in a cordless drill and buffing them on a piece of sand paper stapled to a board.
Any other help I can give you just ask.:cheerful: It is nice to give back some of the help I have received on this forum.
Ron

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I ordered eight test plugs (aka expansion plugs) from eBay today. I tried to find just the rubber part but came up empty. eBay had a better price than anybody else I could find.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Reactions: D&D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The eBay test plugs were $1.35 each. Thanks for the link to the other thread.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just thought I'd throw in that I've been using the test plugs for a while and just one holds really well, but I've seen two spaced out with pvc pipe also. I've always just used a utility knife to quickly knock the ribbs off the plug too.
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00006.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts