PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 series 11. I have recently replaced the carburater and it has been running great. However the other day I started it and the engine kinda hesitated like it wasn't getting gas and eventually got where it would not start. After doing a lot of checking, I found that the drop tube was laying on the bottom of the tank. I put it back on. Now after you start a run it a little while it just shuts off. I have found that if I click the switch to the on position a couple of times the fuel line primes and you can start and drive. But to keep it running I have to turn the swich off and back on real quick about every 15 seconds to keep the engine running. Do you think the fuel pump is bad? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Or the line is getting air at the fitting at the top of the tank. Did you put a clamp on the line where it goes onto the fitting at the top of the tank? Also, my line just failed at the fitting - deteriorate and separated. So that old fuel line could have some bad areas and be letting air into the fuel line.

Plus if you didn't clamp it, the fuel could move it around causing the fit to be poor and letting air in.

Of course they don't list that fuel line on the fiche....

·
Banned
3,095 Posts
Welcome to the site. Try rebuilding and inspecting your OEM carburetor first. Don't waste your money on any knock off carb! Start your own thread and list the problems you are having and you will be pointed in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.