PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new the the ranger and learning. I bought a 14 ranger 800 with a bad trans , it’s lifted on 32’s. I was going to rebuild the current one and add gear reduction. I heard something about using a sportsman trans to replace it. My question is can I use the trans at all and if so can I go with like a lower model 500 or 700 that would be geared different instead of gear reduction. And advise would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi new the the ranger and learning. I bought a 14 ranger 800 with a bad trans , it’s lifted on 32’s. I was going to rebuild the current one and add gear reduction. I heard something about using a sportsman trans to replace it. My question is can I use the trans at all and if so can I go with like a lower model 500 or 700 that would be geared different instead of gear reduction. And advise would be greatly appreciated
I know this works for a 2007 ranger xp700. I used a 2004 sportsman transmission you do loose a tiny bit of low end gearing unless you want to swap the two final out put gears. But so far I like it. It gives a little more top end in low gear. And I’m not interested in mud or monster tires.

I’ve no idea if you can do this to newer rangers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts