PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ranger peeps, desperately need your help. I own a 2017 Polaris Ranger 570 efi w/ about 6200hrs. Few days ago I went cruising for 10min around the block and my Polaris started to lose power dropping to 20mph for a few secs then came back up to 40mph then dropped again, so I pulled over and it jus stalled out and would not start up again. It turns over but will not start back up. I checked my spark, fuel pressure, battery voltage, oil, fuses, belt. Please help me🙏

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Hmmmmmm K, What did you check the fuel pressure with and what was the fuel pressure ? Are you still using the original battery ? 6200 hours on a 2017 ???? That has to be world record...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
There's no magic available to fix it. You need to do some testing. All gasoline engines need 4 things to run, fuel, air, compression and ignition. You need to find which is missing, find out why it's missing and repair that portion of the cycle. When I run across trouble I like to begin with the easy and the obvious causes first. Testing for spark is simple, pull the plug, inspect it, attach the plug wire be sure the plug is grounded and crank watching the plug gap. Next comes air, open the air filter box, check filter condition and look for obstructions. Fuel is a bit more difficult. Spray some carb cleaner into the throttle body intake and crank it; this supplies a temporary fuel source. If it fires off you have likely located the problem and a fuel pressure test is in order. That means you need to obtain an inexpensive test gauge and test the fuel pressure. If it doesn't fire off it's time for a compression test and another test gauge. As long as you don't miss anything along the line you'll find the missing part of he puzzle after which it's time to find out why that part is missing and fix it. On rare occasion you may find some unusual cause for trouble, such as a plugged exhaust, but that is uncommon and will show up in a compression test or vacuum test. Fuel issues are fairly common causes as are wiring/electrical issues. I suggest a digital service manual available as a download for about $10. Search this forum to find other threads which tell you where to obtain it.

Reactions: jungleman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts