PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 800 has a Ranger ware front flip out windshield, roof and back with sliding back glass. It is a little scratched up and has some scuffs. there is one spot that has a deeper scratch. I called wide open company that sells the ranger ware and I was told that the finish is Gelcoat. Has anyone tried to buff out scratches or even possibly sand it down and paint it. Looking to clean it up a bit.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Like Marty said, gelcoat is the color and smooth substance in fiberglass. The best way to take out scratches is to wetsand with progressively finer sandpaper. Start at 320, then 400, then 600, then 800, 1000, 1500, 2000. Each successive grit will remove the scratches from the previous grit until you are smooth. As a final fix, polish with 3M Finesse-it II polish and it will look brand new. I've done this to restore a number of old Boston Whalers. Do a search and you will find out more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.