PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2 into 1 header from a Sportsman 800HO fit on the 700 XP Ranger? Will it clear the frame forward of the engine? I realize some mods will have to been done for a muffler. Will this require a 800 head? The way the exhaust is routed, it looks about right.

I thought this might be a cheap upgrade for an exhaust. The RZR S 2 into 1 header is better than the standard RZR Y-header like the Ranger, so I thought this might work out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm interested in this one too,! Hope someone has some feedback on is one. Let me know if you try it.

·
Vendor
2,160 Posts
I can't tell you if all that will fit but what I can tell you is, you will not gain any performance. We have a dyno and we sell exhaust but I will not sell one to a Polaris owner unless he makes me, no gains. Polaris does not leave anything on the table in the exhaust area plus these are low rpm engines so no gain and if you open the exhaust you will lose precious low end power, it needs backpressure.

Todd

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for being honest about the exhaust and muffler they sure are ugly a nice aluminum one would look nice but need all the low end grunt you can get.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Seems like I remember somebody trying this before and it will not work without significant mod's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts