PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happens in 2wd,4wd and turf mode. Like it’s stretching something out but it doesn’t sound good nor feel right. Didn’t do it when I first bought it. Only has 75 hours on it. And all I use it for is working. No mud riding

·
6,908 Posts
Paul, is the steering 'skipping' when this sounds occurs ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, is the steering 'skipping' when this sounds occurs ?
No it works just sometimes tougher than others. Best way I can explain it is it sounds like I’m stretching out a gutter downspout extension(not sure correct terminology)

·
6,908 Posts
Paul, it sounds like the rack is on it's way out but... I would jack the front up off the ground to take the load off and see if it stops making the sound. Check the upper shaft ujoint and also for anything that may be rubbing on the shaft etc Check the rack boots for rips where water /mud can enter. There is also a bearing in the pivot tube . # 12

Here is the cure for a OEM rack on a FULL SIZE 570 . Double check year and model. Wicked Bilt Rackzilla Rack & Pinion for Polaris Ranger Fullsize

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It happens in 2wd,4wd and turf mode. Like it’s stretching something out but it doesn’t sound good nor feel right. Didn’t do it when I first bought it. Only has 75 hours on it. And all I use it for is working. No mud riding
Does it do this on pavement, dirt or both? With only 75 hours I'm not with JM, I doubt it's the rack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it do this on pavement, dirt or both? With only 75 hours I'm not with JM, I doubt it's the rack.
Both. And that’s what I was thinking as well when you think about the hours surely it’s not something worn out already. Especially since it’s not being run through mud, water, and what not.

·
6,908 Posts
Both. And that’s what I was thinking as well when you think about the hours surely it’s not something worn out already. Especially since it’s not being run through mud, water, and what not.
OK, I have seen Rangers rip a rack boot barely ten minutes after stealer delivery so I would at least carefully check them.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Paul, check where the u-joint attaches to your rack and see if its fully seated on the splines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts