PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third time my Polaris has had wire chewed by mice/rats twice power steering wires once ignition.
does anyone have a solution to get rid of them . I have put out poison but they don’t seem eat it . Thought about a cat or maybe mothballs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mothballs help. I was going to try the bucket filled with antifreeze. Take a stiff wire poke through a plastic bottle and drill 2 holes in the top of the bucket. Center the bottle and it will spin. Spread peanut butter on bottle. Put a board leaning on bucket. Mice crawl up board to get to peanut butter and fall into the antifreeze. Have to fish out the dead ones but I guess it works pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mothballs didn't help me much last winter. Had a handfull of balls under the drivers seat in the compartment and the mice built a nest on top. Change your bait.
Peppermint oil, ceder oil and couple others make up most of the critter repellents. Most of my vermin issues have vanished and I couldn't figure out why this spring till a fox popped up couple days ago. Now if he could climb and get the squirrels. Guess I will have to feed them some lead and feed the fox. Hope it stays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts