PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
`06 Ranger 2x4:
Wanting to use my tank spray rig, and my Polaris Xplorer 4x4 came factory equipped with a protected (capped) two-wire 12V pigtail.
Anything similar exist on a Ranger? I did not spot one anywhere.

I can certainly add one from the battery, or put together a plug/cord for the lighter outlet; just hoping for a protected circuit/connector already in place.

Thanks!
Vapor Trail Tech kit to install
Floor mount gun rack to install
So much to do, damn chores get in the way of fun..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don't know if the 06 is the same as the 07 - I have 07 700 XP and there are 2 wires under the bed - the red one is a positive off the ignition switch

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a Fimco Sprayer for my Ranger. The cord that goes to the power outlet has a on and off switch. The best place to plug it in is in the cab, that way you can use the switch to turn the sprayer on and off. If I was to plug it in in the back of the Ranger, I wouldn't be able to use the switch as intended too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I too have a rear sprayer and use the power outlet with a on and off toggle switch. Works great. I attached the mirror on the drivers side as so to see the spray booms at rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all; I'll setup a cord for the power outlet. A spray boom unit really benefits from a toggle switch, but my smaller tank unit with wand works as a demand system, so line switching isn't critical. But a toggle switch will allow me to borrow my neighbor's boom unit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts