PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

rear axle problems

827 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  b_sprague46 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2011 Ranger 800 full size with Polaris tracks. It had a 2 inch lift on it last winter when I first over extended the right rear axle, causing it to come apart. I was told to remove the lift, soften the spring adjustment, and move upper shock bolt to inner hole. I did all that. Yesterday I over extended the left rear. I am the trail master of my local snowmobile club and I use the machine primarily to work on snowmobile trails. I also plow my driveway with it. I try not to abuse my machine, as it is more of a tool for me then a toy.
My question is what should I do about the axles? I was thinking of just adding limiter straps? Should I spend money on new after market axles? What brand? Don't really want to spend a lot of money. Was also considering longer aftermarket axles that would allow me to run my 2 inch lift. Extra 2 inches would help with the 3 plus feet of snow we have now!
Looking forward to the advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.