PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 800xp ranger. I have a clicking noise coming from my rear end. It sounds like a axle. Does the noise sound familiar to anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Is it all the time, accelerating, cruising, coasting, braking? or just when?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the same noise. I'm replacing my axle today. It has play in the inner cv and I think I know when and how I broke it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Next time you are out and it is clicking, apply your brakes and see if it stops. My midsize was doing it and it turned out to be the brake pads clicking. I adjusted the allen head on the brake caliper and it stopped. This may not be it, but it may save you some time and money.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have same noise in my 2013. Thought it was loose lugs at first but not. My mechanic told me over the phone that it sounded like an issue with the mechanism that workers the turf mode. I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
A clicking CV joint is a good indicator that it's on the way out.

Also check the brake pads. I have seen (heard) them click as the pads wear down. There is an adjustment screw on the caliper to take out the free play.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I pray that it is an axle. I just put a new transmission in I hope that the turf mode mechanism isn't out. It sounds really bad when I'm going slow. It sounds like a universal. Is that what is inside those cv boots?

·
Registered
273 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1418083414649.jpg
Didn't break the CV joint. The band fell off and I drove around Bundy hill off-road park all day like that. I guess mud in the joint doesn't play well with the functionality.

Reactions: mustangwagz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts